Did your kids try on their coats this season and find the arms are suddenly too short?! Maybe you ran out to Kohl’s that night to get them something that fits. This “quick fix” is not an option for many of the families we serve. They are already making the choice to spend funds on medication vs. food vs. keeping the lights on. This is a chance for The Church to show God’s love, literally sharing warmth!
Nine churches worked together as the Body of Christ to make a ‘pop-up’ coat shop at First Presbyterian Church of Waukegan. From set-up to serving to tear down, these churches served our neighbors with love.
Serving, by the numbers
- The children of Village Church of Lincolnshire & their missions board donated funds to purchase *new* coats through Operation Warm
- 3 servants from St. Patrick’s Church, Mt. Sinai Inst. Baptist, and Village Church of Gurnee called to make personal appointments with our neighbors
- 15 servants from Christ Community Church Youth Ministry helped deliver and set up all the coats
- 5 amazing members from First Presbyterian of Waukegan led the serving teams
- Servants from 7 churches provided a personal shopping experience for our neighbors… Christ Community Church, First Presbyterian of Waukegan, Lakeland Church, Mt. Sinai Inst. Baptist Church, Christian Neighbors Church, Village Church of Gurnee, and Willow Creek-South Lake.
In all, The Church shared 116 hours to serve 32 families with 106 coats!! And countless prayers and connections were made. To God be the Glory!