Fourteen churches. Do you see them in this picture?
The mission of Love INC is to mobilize local churches to transform lives and communities, In the Name of Christ (get it?! I-N-C…).
Each day, we offer meaningful opportunities for servants from our partner churches to share the talents and time God has granted them. Churches from many denominations serve together as the Body of Christ, helping our neighbors in need in ways that one church could not do alone.
For the Long* family in this picture, the ‘body parts’ were personified through:
– Journey Church… a volunteer receptionist answering the call from grandma, requesting help for her family
– St. Lawerence Episcopal… scheduling the intake conversation between our volunteer & neighbor in need
– St. Peter’s Catholic… hearing the family’s story during the intake conversation and sharing local resources
– Spirit Alive & Village Church of Gurnee… calling to schedule appointments to deliver household & furniture items
– Grace Anglican, Trinity Community, Gurnee Community, and Christ Church… cleaning, repairing, and preparing gifts of furniture
– Memorial UMC, Most Blessed Trinity, and Christ Lutheran… sorting household items and preparing the kitchen Starter Kit
– Lakeland Church & Christ Church… walking into the Long’s home with gifts of pots & pans, dressers, beds, and a toy box
– St. Paul the Apostle… entering the information from the deliveries into our database, ensuring we keep up with our neighbor’s story
With each phone call from our servants and each visit by our churches, prayer is offered and relationships are built. In the words of our servants: “Love INC is such an efficient ministry in working as the hands and feet of Jesus, filling very practical needs. The opportunity to pray with families is great!”
Is God calling you to share your time or resources in the new year?
Contact us to see where you might serve. Consider making a financial gift to support our shared resources (warehouse, trucks, etc.). Donate household items for our neighbors or incentives for New Hope Ministry participants. Pray for continued unity among the local churches as we serve together, In the Name of Christ.
*names changed for privacy